Skip to content

Do you need a will?

Probably.  If you die without a will, Washington law dictates how your estate is distributed, which may not be the way you want it divided.

The Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Title 11 sets forth Washington laws regarding the descent and distribution of real and personal estate assets.  For example, for a married adult who dies leaving a spouse and children, the spouse will receive all the decedent’s share of the community property, and 1/2 of the separate property (non-community property, usually acquired before marriage), and the balance of the estate shall be left to the children.  RCW 11.04.15.  In this instance, nothing is left to friends or other family members, and if everything which you have was accumulated during the marriage, the children may receive nothing.

Our firm offers estate planning, contact us now for a Free Consultation.

    Your Name (required)

    Phone (required)

    Your Email (required)



    I would like to talk to a legal professional about:

    a willestate planningprobate

    Best time to contact me:



    Back To Top