Who Pays the Bills? Detailed overview of how your personal injury settlements are distributed. A…
By Olga Blotnis
Technically speaking, winter is actually already here; While this wonderful season brings snow and all the fun activities associated with it, it also brings bad weather and treacherous road conditions. People who do not follow the rules of the road, might find themselves in one of the following unfortunate situations depicted in the video below.
If you are involved in car accident:
- Stop as soon as possible and turn your hazard lights on;
- Make sure everybody is safe and check for injuries;
- Call 9-1-1;
- Exchange the following information with the other party (if you have a camera on your phone, use it to take a picture of the other driver’s information):
- Driver’s license;
- Insurance card;
- Cars/damage to cars;
- Ask witnesses for their contact information.
- After you leave the scene of the collision, if you feel that you have been hurt, seek medical attention;
- Report the incident to your insurance right away; and
- Call an attorney.
Other things to keep in mind:
- If it is a minor accident, it might be best to move vehicles and not obstruct traffic.
- Be careful not to admit fault when talking to anyone else, keep conversation only to the facts and exchanging information;
- Do not sign any statements or make any promises to pay; and
- Write down any important information/facts or you can make a voice note on your phone.